t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Manly Monday- Hippo Happiness

Monday, June 29, 2020

Manly Monday- Hippo Happiness



Today's Manly Monday card was inspired by two men. My "little man", Hudson who is 9 and Brian King, a super talented Stampin' UP! Demonstrator who designed this card. My Hudson loves Hippos! Ever since he was 18 months old Hippos have been "his" animal. We first told him it was his because they have matching first letters, but then he grew to love them more and more. He even has a stuffed animal Hippo that he has slept with for over 7 years! So I went on a search to find a card to make with his love of Hippos in mind and wanted to keep it "manly". I found Brian King's card on pinterest and instantly loved the "clean" design. Not too busy, or too bright. In fact, it had a great color scheme. I CASE his card and only change a couple of things (my yellow strip is smaller and doesn't have a banner on the end and my Hippo has bow tie). 


Here is my Happy Hippo with is bow tie on! 


Of course I make 4 of this card design to help me grow my "Manly" cards stock pile. Most are the same however, I did give one Hippo a different bow tie and did enlarge one of the labels by spacing them further a apart and then covering the gap with the banners. 


I am happy to say this card brought a HUGE smile to my sons face and I sure love this card and hope you do too! You can create this card by shopping on my online store and by following the directions below. 

Supplies
#154080 Hippo Happiness Bundle $48.50
#153070 In Color 6 x 6 DSP $11.50
#122924 Pool Party Cardstock $8.75
#153081 Misty Moonlight Cardstock $8.75
#153079 Just Jade Cardstock $8.75
#119683 Daffodil Delight Cardstock $8.75
#100730 Whisper White Cardstock $9.75
#149165 Basic Gray Ink $7.50
#147113 Smoky Slate $7.50
#132708 Memento Ink $6

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder

DSP= Designer Series Paper

Measurements
Card Base: Pool Party 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Whisper White: 5 x 3 3/4
Misty Moonlight: 4 7/8 x 3 5/8
Daffodil Delight: 1/2 x 4
Whisper White: 1/2 x 4
*in inches

Steps
  1. Cut all your layers and card base. Also run the medium label from the Hippo and Friends Dies through your did cutting machine in Just Jade and Pool Party. Cut that label in half (about 1 1/4) with trimmer.
  2. Stamp on a scrap of Whisper White the cute little hippo. Stamp the Smoky Slate first and then the Basic Gray (it is easier to line it up this way). Then use the black memento to stamp the hippo's face. Run him through you die cutting machine along with the bow tie using the DSP.
  3. Stamp your hippo saying (either one) onto your Whisper White strip and flag/banner one end of it. 
  4. Next, start glueing all your layers. Use dimenionals for the hippo and be sure have him cover the end where the Daffodi Delight and Whisper White meet. If you want to enlarge your label, just space them out and use the Daffodi and White strips to cover the gap. 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Fun Fold Friday- Adventurous Sky Slider Card

Fun Fold Friday with the NEW Adventurous Sky Bundle!    I knew the moment I saw this bundle at Onstage in Houston, I was going to get it for...