t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Manly Monday-A Grand Kid Lego Card

Monday, August 3, 2020

Manly Monday-A Grand Kid Lego Card



Today's Manly Monday is a little more "playful" then usual because I made paper ©Lego blocks! In all honesty most men are just kids at heart and thought this could be a fun blast from the past card to send. I used the A Grand Kid stamp set for the greetings and made one even special for a grand kid in mind. This is great card to make using scraps even!


Here are all 4 of my cards! Remember I made four each Monday to help build my Manly Card collection (and for little boys too)

*Happy Birthday Card


I used 2 different methods to attach the block circles. One with glue dots and one with just the Tombow liquid glue. I liked the glue dot the best because it gave it just a little "pop" to make it look like a real ©Lego block.

*Grandkid Card 

You can make this cards too by following my steps below and by shopping at my online store. 

Supplies
#152500 A Grand Kid stamp set $21
#151775 Subtle 3D embossing folder $10
#140272 Thick Cardstock $8.25
#111350 Pacific Point Cardstock $8.75
#131199 Crushed Curry Cardstock $8.75
#119793 Poppy Parade Cardstock $8.75
#102584 Garden Green Cardstock $8.75
#147098 Pacific Point Ink $7.50

Extras: Hand Held Hole Punch and White Gelly Roll pen (from any store)

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives

Measurements
Cardbase: Whisper White Thick 4 1/4 x 11 scored @ 5 1/2
Pacific Point Block: 1/2 x 1
Poppy Parade Block: Cut 2 @ 3/4 x 1 1/2
Crushed Curry Block: Cut 2 @ 3/4 x 3/4
Garden Green: 2 x 4 1/4

 *Inches

Steps
  1. Measure and cut all your cardstock following the measurements above.
  2. Use scraps to punch out circles for each block. 8 Crush Curry. 16 Poppy Parade. 3 Pacific Point.
  3. Attach with glue dots to make pop or use liquid glue to keep flat. Then add a little dash white line with gelly pen. 
  4. Stamp your saying on the bottom middle of your cardbase in Pacific Point ink
  5. Emboss your Garden Green using the subtle folder and glue to cardbase (you can pick the location, I kept mine low). 
  6. Using dimensionals attach the blocks in a scatter pattern. 
  7. Use Bone Folder to crease your score line and POOF you have a ©Lego Card!!
Happy Stampin' Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Fun Fold Friday- Adventurous Sky Slider Card

Fun Fold Friday with the NEW Adventurous Sky Bundle!    I knew the moment I saw this bundle at Onstage in Houston, I was going to get it for...