t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Miss Monday- Flower Pot Cards

Monday, April 26, 2021

Miss Monday- Flower Pot Cards

 


Miss Monday cards with the Pierced Blooms Dies! I made 10 of these flower pots for a card swap I do with friends where the theme was Birthday and to use at least 2 of the colors that were picked. The colors this month were Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Old Olive, Misty Moonlight, and Calypso Coral. I choose this design so I could use all the colors. I made a video on how to make this card for Fun Fold Friday and just added a couple of new products to this design. (Video link below)



This card will fit into a  A2 size envelope. 


I used the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder to create the texture on the pot. 



The Pierced Blooms Dies are perfect for this card design. I used the large leaves and the large flower for this flower pot. 



You just pull up on the the flowers and below is a spot for you to write your Birthday message. I used the Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon to hold the pot together. No adhesive is needed. 



The back of the flower pot will look like this and the ribbon wraps around it. 

You can make this card too when you shop at my online store and follow my steps below. 

Supplies
Pierced Blooms Dies
Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon
Scalloped Edge (Scalloped Contour Dies)
Sahara Sand Cardstock
Misty Moonlight Cardstock
Basic White Cardstock
So Saffron Cardstock
Old Olive Cardstock
Calypso Coral Cardstock

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives

Measurements
Sahara Sand Flower Pot: 3 1/2 x 9 scored @ 3 1/2 x 7
Sahara Sand: 2 1/2 x 4 1/2
Basic White: 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
Template (any color): 3 1/2 x 3 1/2


Steps
  1. Measure, score, and cut your paper.
  2. Create your pot template by taking the 3 1/2 x 3 1/2  piece of cardstock and marking the bottom on each side at 1/2 mark. Put in your paper trimmer and cut from the mark to the top corner (on both sides). 
  3. Die cut all of your flower pieces: 1 Large Misty Moonlight flowers, 1 So Saffron large flower, 4 Old Olive large leaves, 3 large white centers. 
  4. Die cut the flower pot edge with the Scallop Contour Dies. Lay your template on the bottom of the pot and cut off each side (see video). 
  5. Then emboss just the bottom half of the pot with the Painted Texture embossing folder. 
  6. Use ribbon to keep the pot closed. No adhesive needed. 
  7. Glue your White to your Crumb Cake and attach the flowers and leaves with glue dots. 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Miss Monday- Trusty Tools Pretty in Pink

  Miss Monday with my May Team Card!  I wanted to make a card that was super girly but with the Trusty Tools stamp set and this fun Pretty i...