t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Miss Monday- Counting Sheep All Dress Up

Monday, September 27, 2021

Miss Monday- Counting Sheep All Dress Up


Miss Monday with my final card share with the Sale-a-bration Counting Sheep stamp set and the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper! One of my favorite things to do is not color but to stamp on colored cardstock to create the shading for animals, flowers, etc. I use this method all of the time and consider it my "lazy" way not to color. But in it's place I have to "fussy" cute instead. 


I made two cards and dressed up these sheep in two different ways. 


This card using the DSP as a background piece and I LOVE it! However, I want you to notice how I got that striped sheep to have a white hoof. I had to stamp two sheep. One I die cut out and the other I just cut off his arm and glued it onto the DSP! 



To create the sheep clothes I just had to stamp on DSP and fussy cut it out and then glued it on over another sheep. 


For this card I add some twine (Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack) and will tell you how I made that center sheep with a gray hoof/arm. For that small piece I used my Stampin' Blends in the same color as his face, ears, and other legs. It matched perfectly and was able to do it that way because the DSP allowed it. 


I hope you have enjoyed this sheep as much as I have during Sale-a-bration and be sure to get it for FREE by placing an order by September 30th! I promise you will love having these sheep in your collection. 


Supplies
*Counting Sheep Stamp Set
*Sheep Dies
*Penguin Playmates DSP
Scalloped Contour Dies
Flowers for Every Season Twine
Genial Gems
Paper- Thick Basic White, Soft Seafoam, Smoky Slate
Ink- Memento Ink, Misty Moonlight
Light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends

*Sale-a-bration item will no longer be available after September 30th 2021

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives: Tombow, Tear Tape, Seal, & Dimensionals


Measurements
Thick Basic White Cardbase: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
DSP: 4 x 5 1/4


Steps
  1. Measure, score and cut your paper. 
  2. Stamp on Basic White 3 sheep, 2 DSP sheep, and one Smoky Slate sheep with Memento Ink. 
  3. Die cut your sheep out.
  4. Die cut out a scalloped rectangle out of  Soft Seafoam
  5. Die cut the smallest scalloped rectangle out of Basic White and stamp in Misty Moonlight your saying of choice. 
  6. Fussy cut your DSP and glue onto your sheep. 
  7. Cut off one of the white sheep's arms and glue over the DSP. 
  8. Use a Stampin' Blend in Smokey Slate to color the hoof/arm of the sheep in the white polka dot DSP.
  9. Assemble: Either wrap twine around the Seafoam scallop and attach with dimenionals. Or glue on your DSP to the cardbase and attach the Seafoam with dimensionals. Attach the sheep with dimenionals and the Birthday label too. 
  10. Embellish with the Genial Gems. 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday- Country Flowers

  Double Feature Friday with 2 Tutorials from the Stamp & Share Crew using the Country Flowers stamp set! This set comes out on May 1st!...