t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Tuesday's Tip at Ten- Use Your Matte For Layers

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tuesday's Tip at Ten- Use Your Matte For Layers

 


Tuesday's Tip at Ten is to show you how to save paper when creating layers on your cards. I love to "matte" my DSP (Designer Series Paper). It makes the card look more complete and can add a pop of color. However, when you create a matte only the edges are visible which means the center goes to waste. That is why I like to die cut out a shape that I need or could be used to die cut something out even later. This extra step, can make your cardstock extra long and in the long run save you money! 

For the card above I was able to reuse right away that center piece for another layer on the card. I made this card for a friend's card order for her Tupperware Team! I used the retired What's Cookin' stamp set and dies and the Stampin' You Way To The Top stamp set for the "Welcome to the Team". 


I used the Stitched Rectangles for this paper saving tip!

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday- Country Flowers

  Double Feature Friday with 2 Tutorials from the Stamp & Share Crew using the Country Flowers stamp set! This set comes out on May 1st!...