t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Tuesday's Tip at Ten- Join a Card Swap

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Tuesday's Tip at Ten- Join a Card Swap

 

My Tuesday's Tip at Ten for you is to join a card swap!!! 
Below are many reasons why I highly recommend being a part one, two or many card swaps! 

First, what is a card Swap? A card swap is when you make x amount of cards all in one design and trade them out for other cards and come back with x amount of cards in all different designs. Many times there is someone who organizes it and gives it a theme. The organizer collects the cards, comes up with a theme and rules,  usually keeping one of each card as "payment", and sends you back 10, 12, or 20+ new ideas. 

I like to think of card swapping like the Costco of the crafting world. You get a "sample" of products before you decide to buy something new. Or get a taste of something you have but made in a different way. Same ingredients, different recipe. 

Next you may be thinking, "Rachael, how do I join a card swap?" Great question! I usually swap with fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrators. I am part of the team swap (Queens), a Demo Swap (small group of friends in Utah), and Leaders Swap (large group of stampers from all over). 

Another way to swap is through events. I swapped while I was at a Stampin' UP! event in Vegas. You can see those swaps when you click HERE. Or when I hold my Stamp Camps 

I love swaps because I get new ideas, layouts, and even techniques that I may have never seen before. 

Lastly, you can START a card swap! I was part of a swap in my early years and we used whatever paper products we had and were at all different skill levels. It was great! We would get together and make each other's card design. 
Are you interested in swapping with me???

If you would like to participate in a swap with me please fill out this form by October 1st. 

*Below are some cards from recent swaps I was a part of (videos soon to come). 

Queens of the Stamp Age (Queens) Celebration Swaps


Queens of the Stamp Age Comfort Swaps 


Leader's Swap Mini Catalog Theme


You can see a video and blog post of these swaps above when you click HERE. 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday- Hearts & Hugs

  Double Feature Friday with the Hearts & Hugs Bundle!  Get inspired by two great card designs made by the Stamp & Share Crew Design...