t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Manly Monday-Whale Done Thanks a Ton

Monday, June 22, 2020

Manly Monday-Whale Done Thanks a Ton



Today's Four Manly Monday features the same ©Stampin' UP! stamp set from last week BUT this time I didn't stamp the whale but made it out of "punch art".  Not only does the Whale Builder Punch punch out the stamped image but its is a "builder punch".  Which means it punches out shapes you can then use to create a whale with no stamping needed. I did, however,  stamp on it after I punched him out to give him some extra texture. 

*Whale Builder Punch
Whale, Whale under belly, flipper, blow hole splash, and eye.



Here are all four of my cards I made for Manly Monday. Remember, I am growing my card collection to have more manly cards ready and so I make not one card but four cards each Monday of 2020. Every whale tail is different out in the wild and so have fun with your tales. They don't have to be stamped the same on each one. 


I used the Nestled Label Flap fun fold design for this card. See my other post to watch my video on how this fun fold is created. 

You can make this card too by shopping at my online store and following the directions below.

Supplies
#154053 Whale Done Bundle (punch and stamp set) $31.50
#152461 Whale of Time Sequins $6.50
#152700 Seabed 3D Embossing Folder $10
#111350 Pacific Point Cardstock $8.75
#122924 Pool Party Cardstock $8.75
#100730 Whisper White Cardstock $9.75
#147098 Pacific Point Ink $7.50
#147107 Pool Party Ink $7.50

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder

Measurements
Card base Pacific Point: 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 Pacific Point: 2 x 5 1/4 Whisper White Inside: 4 x 5 1/4 Flap: 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 Pool Party Cardstock and cut out the largest Stitched Nested Die

Steps
  1. Using your paper trimmer and die cutting machine cut out all your cardstock using the measurments above.*Tip: when cutting your card base from the Pacific Point you'll have 2 x 5 1/2 inches leftover. Use that piece for your embossing cardstock.
  2. Emboss your 2 x 5 1/4 Pacific Point cardstock using the Seabed Folder.
  3. Stamp all your images. Pacific Point ink for top left corner and Pool Party ink for all of the stamping on the Stitched Nested Label. 
  4. Whale Punch Art: Punch out Whale and Flipper in Pacific Point and stamp speckled image on top in Pacific Point ink. Punch out the under belly in Pool Party, and use a scrap of Basic Black for the little eye. Use Fine Tip glue pen to attach. 
  5. Score your Stitched Nested Label at 4 inches and add tear tape above the score line. Attach to the Whisper White cardstock for the inside on the top right side. Then glue to the card base.
  6. Glue Seabed strip to the bottom of your score line of card base and use bone folder to help it crease nicely. 
  7. Lastly, attach punch art whale with dimenionals and use liquid glue to adhere your sequins to the nested label flap.
Happy Stampin' Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Fun Fold Friday- Adventurous Sky Slider Card

Fun Fold Friday with the NEW Adventurous Sky Bundle!    I knew the moment I saw this bundle at Onstage in Houston, I was going to get it for...