t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Miss Monday- Stellar Birthday & To The Moon

Monday, June 14, 2021

Miss Monday- Stellar Birthday & To The Moon

 


Today's Miss Monday features two new stamp sets with a "spacey" feel to them! Stellar Birthday and To The Moon. My husband is switching over to the Space Force this week and so I knew I needed both of this space themed sets. I made this little girl Birthday card mostly fun looking with the Stellar Birthday but check out that giant moon! That is from the To The Moon stamp set and just adds so much to this card! Scroll down to see the slight differences between the two cards and to get all the measurements and steps on how to create this card in your craft room. 


The Stella Birthday stamp set is the "star" of this card and this is only some of the great images from this set. See the whole stamp set over at my online store by clicking below. 


I used my Stampin' Blends to color in our cute space girl. 
https://www.stampinup.com/categories/shop-products/featured-products/ink-coloring/markers-more/alcohol-markers?demoid=2130375


This is also a little Space Dude that you could color and attach to your cards. The big difference to my girls today is their hair color and space belt. 


I used the planets stamp to create the fun background and used my diagonal/triangle method to make it look random. I started at the top left and stamped down at a diagonal. Then based off of those first images I stamped I would make triangles with them and make sure no "planets" align. 


For the moon I tried two different things. I used Basic Gray for both cards but I stamped one on Basic White and one on Smoky Slate. Then the Basic White Moon (with the brown hair girl) I popped up with dimensionals. Which one do you like better? The brunette or blonde? 

Supplies
Stellar Birthday stamp set
To The Moon stamp set
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Basic White, Smoky Slate and Highland Heather
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Memento Black Ink, & Smoky Slate
Opal Rounds
Layering Circle Dies
Rectangle Stitched Dies
Blends: Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss, Highland Heather, & Ivory. 

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives

Measurements
Blackberry Bliss Cardbase: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
Highland Heather & Basic White: 4 x 5 1/4

Steps
  1. Measure, score and cut your paper. 
  2. Die cut a Basic White Stitched Rectangle and stamp in Blackberry Bliss "Have a Stellar Birthday".
  3. Stamp on Basic White/Smoky Slate your moon with Basic Gray. Either fussy cut it out or use your circle dies to cut it out (I used the dies because my circle cutting can't be trusted).
  4. Stamp on Basic White your cute space girl with memento ink and color with blends. Then fussy cut her out with your paper snips. 
  5. Create your own background with the Blackberry Bliss ink onto the Highland Heather paper. Glue to the cardbase.
  6. Stamp little stars in the corners of the Basic White for the inside of the card. 
  7. Assemble: Use dimensionals to attach the moon, girl and saying. 
  8. Embellish with the Opal Rounds. 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday-Sneak Peek Seaside Wishes

  It is Double Feature Friday!   Today you are getting a sneak peek to a new Stampin' UP! Bundle coming out May 1st, Seaside Wishes! If ...