t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Throwback Thursday/Team Card

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Throwback Thursday/Team Card

 


I made this beautiful card using the new Pretty Pumpkins stamp set for my Royal Hearts Stampers card for September only to realize I used a retired embossing folder with it! It wasn't until I had glued it all together that I realized my error. I love retired SU items but really like to send cards to my team with new products. No worries, they don't mind and I have a suggested item to use in it's place...Timeworn Embossing Folder. 


The retired embossing folder I did use is called Scripty 3D. Which has an amazing texture and I remember ordering just right before it retired and never used it when it was current (ugg). 


Now let's see how it paired so nicely with the new Pretty Pumpkins stamp set. I just LOVE this set. It has great images and amazing dies. Together as a bundle you save 10% (so get them both together).


I used Just Jade as my shade of green and really love the soft feel it creates. Be sure to stamp the inside with the fun pumpkin vines and leaves as well. Anyone who has grown a pumpkin can appreciate the beauty in those vines (which grow every where and need a lot of space). 


You can see the embossing folder best in this photo. It is very subtle but does add just enough to make this car look great. 


There are only 3 greetings/saying with this stamp set but this one, hands down, is my favorite! 
"If friends were pumpkins I'd pick you."
The font is just as pretty as the saying! 

You can make this card too, just use your favorite embossing folder in place of the Scripty one! Maybe get the Timeworn one a try!


Supplies
Pretty Pumpkin Stamp Set
Detailed Pumpkin Dies
*Scripty Embossing Folder
Paper- Just Jade, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Basic White
Ink- Just Jade, Early Espresso, Memento
Blends- Just Jade, Pumpkin Pie
Linen Thread
Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
*Retired

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives: Tombow, Tear Tape, Seal, & Dimensionals

Measurements
Just Jade Cardbase: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
Crumb Cake: 4 x 5 1/4
1 1/4 x 5 1/4
Very Vanilla: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
Just Jade: 3 5/8 x 4 7/8

Steps
  1. Measure, score, and cut your paper.
  2. Stamp in Memento Ink your pumpkins onto Basic White and die cut out. Color with blends.
  3. Emboss your Very Vanilla with your favorite embossing folder. 
  4. Stamp in Early Espresso your saying onto the Crumb Cake strip.
  5. Assemble: Glue your mattes together; Very Vanilla to Just Jade, Just Jade to Crumb, and Crumb to the cardbase. Glue the Crumb Cake strip across card (towards the bottom). 
  6. Make a linen thread nest by wrapping it around 3 fingers 3 times and attach to the back of the pumpkins with dimensionals. 
  7. Embellish with the Brush Metallic dots!


Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday- Yuletide Village

  Double Feature Friday with some Stamp & Share Crew designs with  Yuletide Village!  Create beautiful winter scenes with this stamp set...