t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Miss Monday- Christmas Scottie Card

Monday, September 19, 2022

Miss Monday- Christmas Scottie Card

 


Stampin' Friends, I would like to introduce you to our Kiwi Dog! My husband got her from the shelter on September 2nd and it was NOT love at first sight for me. Hear me out, she is almost 4 years old and is an Australian Kelpie. She has one blue eye and one brown eye (so creepy at first but it has grown on us). She was in the shelter for 3 months and before that we know nothing about her. She is super sweet BUT she is afraid of everything and when she is scared she runs and hides. Needless to say, we had a rough first week together and at times I honestly was thinking maybe we should return her or maybe we should get our dog a therapy dog. She needs a buddy to teach her how to be a "family dog". But last week we turned a HUGE corner and she is doing so much better. Is she still afraid of everything? Yes, but she isn't running or hiding nearly as much as before. I've also caught her wagging her tail all of the time (when she first came she was not wagging it). So today's Miss Monday card was made with her in mind...You are always loved. 


This stamp set does say "Christmas" on it but it can be used for so much more! 


It has a punch that matches one of the stamped images, but this one was fussy cut out and stamped in Early Espresso ink. 


I just love how simple this card is and the colors I used to make it look more feminine and our Kiwi Dog will always be loved by us even though she has her struggles. Because let's face it, who doesn't have struggles and can be hard to love??? 


Supplies
Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper
Glossy Dots
Paper- Fresh Freesia
Ink- Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White,  & Early Espresso

Measurements
Thick Basic White: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
Fresh Freesia: 4 x 5 1/4
1 x 2 1/2
DSP: 3 3/4 x 5
Basic White: 2 x 2


Steps
  1. Measure, score, and cut your paper. 
  2. Punch out one end of the the 1 x 2 1/2 Fresh Freesia with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Stamp on it in Early Espresso the saying "You are always loved." 
  3. Stamp on the Basic White the dog in Early Espresso and the collar and side bow in Fresh Freesia. Fussy cut the dog and the side bow. 
  4. Assemble: Glue the DSP to the Fresh Freesia matte. Glue that to the cardbase. Attach the label, dog, and side bow with dimensionals.
  5. Embellish with the Glossy Dots (I had put 3 on at first and some time between making the card and taking the pictures one fell off. I didn't notice it until I had already taken the pictures. So there is 2 on mine but I recommend 3 Glossy Dots). 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Double Feature Friday- Country Flowers

  Double Feature Friday with 2 Tutorials from the Stamp & Share Crew using the Country Flowers stamp set! This set comes out on May 1st!...