t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Manly Monday-Whale Done

Monday, June 15, 2020

Manly Monday-Whale Done




Every Monday I make "Four Manly Cards" for Manly Monday to share on my Facebook page. I found that in my own card supply that I never had enough masculine cards and started this goal in January 2020 to help me out! I make four each time because four is my favorite number. It also allows me to keep one and send 3 out. I figure I already have the supplies out for one card, I minus well make more. 



This Monday I use the Whale Done stamp set by ©Stampin' UP! and paried it with the DSP and some of the embellishments from the Whale of a Time Suite.




Sometimes adding that little extra piece of DSP to the inside of the card really makes it look great and finished. I have a friend that says, "No naked insides", because she believes you should stamp from front to cover and I totally agree! 


Sometimes I change up the design just a little bit by using the other side of the DSP or by embellishing more on one than another. Click on the whales above and see if you can spot the difference. 



Here are all four cards I made. All have the same measurements but I just change the layout a little bit. You can make these cards too by visiting my online store to order the supplies and following the steps below. 

Supplies
#154053 Whale Done Bundle (Punch and Stamp Set) $31.50
#152460 Whale of a Time 6 x 6 DSP $11.50
#152461 Whale of a Time Sequins $6.50
#152700 3D Embossing Folder $10
153621 Just Jade Ribbon $6
#11350 Pacific Point Cardstock $8.75
#153079 Just Jade Cardstock $8.75
#100730 Whisper White Cardstock $9.75
#153115 Just Jade Ink $7.50
#147098 Pacific Point Ink $7.50

DSP = Designer Series Paper 

Always Recommended
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Simply Shammy
Die Cutting Machine
Bone Folder
Adhesives

Measurements
Card Base: Pacific Point 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Just Jade and Whisper White: 2 3/4 x 4
DSP: 2 3/4 x 2 3/4
ribbon: 3 1/4
Inside White: 2 3/4 x 4 1/2
Scrap of Whisper White for the Whales and scrap of vellum for spout

Steps
  1. Cut all your paper from above and run the Just Jade Cardstock through your die cutting machine using the Seabed embossing folder.
  2. Stamp your whales on a scrap of Whisper White in Pacific Point ink and use the punch to cut it out. If using vellum, punch out the spout as well.
  3. Stamp your sayings on the top left corner of Whisper White cardstock using the Just Jade ink.
  4. Glue your DSP onto the 2 3/4 x 4 Whisper White on the bottom part. 
  5. Use Tear Tape to attach your ribbon right where the DSP ends and the Whisper White begins on the top part. 
  6. Glue on the Just Jade embossed piece to the card base. Then use dimenionals to attach the DSP/Whisper White at an angle on top of the Just Jade piece. 
  7. Use dimenionals if you are adding the whale.
  8. Glue on the inside Whisper White piece. Either attach a little DSP to the bottom or stamp some cute fishes! 


Here is a close up on the embellished whale card! It is subtle but the sequins and vellum spout really add to it. I currently live in California right by the ocean (like I can see it from my bedroom window) and we really enjoy going whale watching. However, we rarely "see" the whale and only see the whale water spout! So this card is really special to me.

Happy Stampin' Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Fun Fold Friday- Adventurous Sky Slider Card

Fun Fold Friday with the NEW Adventurous Sky Bundle!    I knew the moment I saw this bundle at Onstage in Houston, I was going to get it for...