t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

#30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge

 


I am participating in a 30 day Christmas Card Making Challenge  with Martin Mayhem from the UK and I invite you to join it too! Make a card following the day above and use the #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge when sharing on social media and then watch all the great Christmas card ideas appear.
I'll be adding to this blog post my new card each day, along with a list of supplies. 

Day 1: Winter Winds
Brrrr. There is a chill in the air. It might be snowing.


I used the Winter Snow Embossing Folder to make my snowflakes here and embellished with the adhesive-backed Snowflakes. I used my white embossing powder and sponge on versamark to create frosty letters. Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, and Whisper White were my color choices. 

Day 2: Technique Challenge - Paper Piecing
Create a card with paper piecing on it in some way.


Using the Stitched Triangles I made this fun multi green colored Christmas Tree! This design has been floating in my head for weeks and so happy I finally put in on to paper. Simple, yet classic! "Happy Christmas" stamp came from the Warm Hugs stamp set by ©Stampin' UP!

Day 3: Candy Cane Christmas
Red and White strips? Classic imagery?

Using the Sweetest Time stamp set and I dies, I created this fun and sweet Candy Cane card! The best part of this card is the dies do all the heavy work for ya. Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler were the color combo I used for this card. 

Day 4: Card Sketch Challenge

Today's card was a sketch challenge. Those can be tricky for me sometimes because I have to follow the "rules" of the sketch. I made this one using the Warm Hugs stamp set and DSP and the stars from the Peace and Joy stamp set.

Day 5: Driving Home for Christmas


My Christmas drive will always take me back to the beautiful purple mountains of Colorado. I used the Mountain Air stamp set and white embossing powder to make these snow covered slopes. I did use a retired stamp set for the saying only because it was too perfect for this challenge.

Day 6: Color Combo Challenge- Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, and Basic Black

I used the Don't Stop Believin' Stamp set by ©Stampin' UP! and my Stampin' Blends to help make this cute Christmas Card. I also used the 2 3/4 card design to turn this card into a fun fold!

Day 7: Green Like the Grinch
He's a mean one which is why you should use green as your main color on the card.

I took today's challenge literally and not only used green as the main color but made a Grinch card. I looked at Pinterest for inspiration but then created him using items that I had. I used the smallest Oval Dies for his Crushed Curry eyes. The Basic Black eyebrows were cut the smallest I could go on the trimmer 1/4 x 1 1/4. His eye center was punched out with a 1/2 circle punch. His heart nose and face shape came from the Celebration Labels Dies. I free handed his mouth (with pencil first) with Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and his heart came from the Be Mine Stitched dies. I stamped inside the perfect saying in Mossy Meadow, "Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more" from the Christmas Means More stamp set by ©Stampin' UP!

Day 8: Technique Challenge
Create a card using ink Blending on your project


I used the So Many Stars stamp set by Stampin' UP! and my Sponge Brayers to get this awesome stary night look. I used Night of Navy, Pacific Point and Basic Gray. I heat embossed with Whisper White my stars and used Night of Navy ink for my saying. Lastly, I flicked some wink of stella to create some speckled stars.  I love how simple yet pretty it turned out. 


Day 9: Oh Christmas Tree

How perfect is is the Perfectly Plaid Christmas Tree paired with the Plaid Tidings DSP!

Day 10- Card Sketch

Today's card I used the Snowman Season stamp set for the words, "Let it Snow". I used some retired snowflakes and cut them out in my shimmer paper. I used the Snowflake embossing folder and the colors Night of Navy, Seaside Spray, and Whisper White. 


Day 11: Festive Flowers
Everyone loves flowers right? Even at Christmas.


Today's card is a combination of many suites. The floral DSP comes from the Flowers for Every Season. The stamp set is from the Sweetest Time stamp set. The Label is from the Hippo and Friends Dies and the embossing folder is from the Warm Hugs suite and called Wrapped in Texture. Poppy Parade and Just Jade are the main colors and I really do like this combo! 


Day 12: Color Combo Challenge
Soft Sea Foam, Blushing Bride, and Crumb Cake



This color combo is a very "sweet" and "soft"  and thus I had to make a card with candy on it. I used the Sweetest Time stamp set and it's matching Dies to make the candy cane. I used the Snowflake embossing folder and the labels from the Hippo & Friends Dies. 



Day 13: Fairy Tail Christmas
Create a card with animal imagery

Today's card was made using "scraps" or already stamped images I had readily available. These cute coons are from the Special Someone stamp set and I added bows made from the Hippo & Friends dies. I also used the Warm Hugs DSP that I already cut and ready from previous cards. Next time, I might add a cute Christmas tree to be behind them or on the inside of the card. Oh! The saying is from the Banner Year stamp set. 


Day 14: Technique Challenge
Emboss Resist

I used the Sweetest Time stamp set and clear embossing powder to make today's card! I then used a sponge brayer in Real Red and made whole Whisper White cardstock turn red, except what was embossed before! Such a fun technique that I don't use often. :) 


Day 15: Scrooges Dream
We all know that one person who hates Christmas. Let's make an Anti-Christmas Card.


I paired today's card with the Playful Pets DSP, Warm Hugs DSP, and the Playful Alphabet! I love this "grumpy" kitty and gave him his Christmas hat using a retired punch. 


Day 16: Card Sketch


I am usually pretty bad at card sketches. I don't know what it is about them, but I struggle. So I was super happy when this one turned out great!! I used the Memories and More Flowers For Every Season for my dsp (which means it was precut, which is always nice). Then I used the Stitched Triangles in Just Jade and Cinnamon Cider cardstock. I used a Gray Granite cardbase and ink for my sayings that came from the Peace & Joy stamp set! I even have a secret message inside (Merry Christmas). I hope you love this one too! :) 


Day 17: Back in My Day
Create a Vintage Christmas Card


I am not sure if this is vintage or more country like, but I did dis-stress the edges with some Crumb Cake which helps make things look old/vintage like. I used the Stitched Triangle Dies and Banner Year stamp set. A little linen thread and a vellum star. See my Wednesday's Kit Class for a video of this one. :) 


Day 18: Color Combo Challenge
Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, and Mint Macaron

I love the way this color combo turned out. I did add a splash of Granny Apple Green but think over all I nailed today's card! I used the Peace & Joy stamp set by Stampin' UP! and the dies to help cut out that Sahara Sand Peace. I didn't use any Whisper White on this card and instead had the Sand color fill it's place. I don't usually use this color much and think I should add it to my creative line up! The rhinestones look amazing on this card as they are perfectly placed! I did add a little wink of stella to my Peace and when the light it just right it catches it.


Day 19: Card Sketch


I sure love this melting snowman from Don't Stop Believin' stamp set! I used the snowflake embossing folder and Seaside Spray. I used just 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 of DSP from the Plaid Tiding paper set. He is just so cute!

Day 20: Water Coloring Technique 


I am not the best at water coloring but really like the idea of this card and watercolor over a piece of paper that has been embossing with an embossing folder! I used the Winter Snow folder and the Snowman Season stamp set. I used Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray to get my water color look with. :) 

Day 21: Classic Christmas



I picked a card that has a quote from a Classic Christmas Movie, "It's a Wonderful Life"! What is more Classic than a black and white movie!? I used the Layering Circles, Warm Hugs DSP, Playful Pets Trim, and the stamp set, Christmas Means More.


Day 22: Contemporary Christmas


I used just Golds, Whites, and Vellum colors to make this Christmas Card Contemporary . I used the Stitched Triangles, Subtle Embossing Folder, Stitched Stars, and the So Many Stars stamp set for the greeting! Oh! Also I used the champagne rhinestones instead of the regular ones. 



Day 23: Baby, It's Cold Outside
Make a card with a wintry scene 

This DSP from Trimming the town is full of winter scenes. This one has people bundled up in there snow gear and playing in the snow and giving gifts. I of course  have the snowflakes embossed on the other side. The Joy comes from the Peace & Joy stamp set and Joy Dies. This one I made for a stamp camp, but fits today's challenge so nicely. 


Day 24: Color Combo Challenge
Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive


Today's card was tricky as it used colors that lean more to the Fall colors. But I made it work using the Plaid Tidings DSP that had 2 of the colors in it (Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry) and used the Sweetest Border Dies for my Old Olive. I do love the Razzleberry candles you can see through the inside with their Pumpkin Pie flames. The Sweetest Time stamp set has some great images! 

Day 25: All Wrapped Up
Use presents on your cards or have a bow somewhere on it!

For this card I just used Heartwarming Hugs DSP scraps from past cards and 3 different ribbons. I did use dimensionals to help pop up the presents. The Perfectly Plaid stamp set did have the best saying for today's challenge, "May this special season be wrapped in love & joy". Perfect!!


Day 26: Card Sketch

Today's card is from a sketch challenge where there was a BIG image in the center and a small label off to the side! I used the Don't Stop Believin' stamp set and colored in Santa with Stampin' Blends (real red, ivory, and light smoky slate). I used my largest circle die to cut him out and used the Heartwarming DSP for his background! I might add an embellishment or two to him later, but like how clean and simple he is. 


Day 27: Joy to the World
Create a classic card but with a spin.

I took today's challenge literally and wanted a world and joy together spinning. So I used the Peace & Joy stamp set for the Joy and the World Map Dies for the globe. I then made it spin!! I used a softer shade of green, Soft Seafoam and the gold foil for the globe. I made some holly using the Sweetest Border Dies! I do love how this card "turned" out! 
Visit my blog post about spinner cards and watch my video

Day 28: Color Combo
Real Red, Smoky Slate, and Basic Gray
Today's color combo I made without stamping and instead used the Word Wishes dies. I also used the Lace 3D embossing folder for added texture! It is a very simple card and slightly masculine, which I like! 


Day 29: Chalkboard Christmas
I made this fun card using the Peace & Joy stamp set and white embossing powder! I love the way this card looks and hope you do too! 


Day 30: All I Want for Christmas

Today marks the last day of this challenge and the theme was "All I want for Christmas". As I thought of which way I would go with that, my usual silly side or spiritual, I navigated to this stamp set (Peaceful Nativity) and dies. I truly only do want us to remember Christ at Christmas and would love it if someone sent me this card to help me remember that beautiful night many years ago. This was the stamp set and dies that was #1 on my wish list when I first saw the Mini Catalog. It is my favorite! I hope you love it too! 



Thank you so much for joining me as I stamped along this challenge and hope each day you can find something to inspire you!


Happy Stampin' Everyone!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Demo Swap- Spring Theme

Demo Swap Spring Themed Cards!   These were made for March and I apologize for just sharing them now. The theme was Spring or Easter. You ma...