t> The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael: Manly Monday for March-Military Card

Monday, March 15, 2021

Manly Monday for March-Military Card



Almost 3 months ago, Stampin' UP! Demonstrator Raquel Long shared the idea of this card on a Demo only Facebook group. I knew I had to make this card for my Active Duty Air Force husband. However, I didn't own the Camouflage stamp set yet! So I saved her idea on Facebook and didn't think about for weeks! I finally ordered that Camouflage stamp set (in fear that it would retire soon) and put ink to paper to create this fun Military Uniform card! The Military recently just changed up their uniforms so that mostly all the branches have the same one. At first, we were not fans of it (Velcro, no buttons,  and weird pockets) but have grown to love this new uniform and the man that wears it (my husband)! 


First, let's talk about the dies I used from the Suit & Tie Dies. I used the collar, the center stitched line for the center and for the name tags, the tie top for the rank, and the pockets for the pockets. I even used the "v" shape die to cut out the Coyote color for the undershirt (I used Crumb Cake). I was sad that I didn't get to use the button dies, but their uniforms don't have buttons anymore. 

Suit & Tie Dies
https://www.stampinup.com/products/suit-tie-dies?demoid=2130375


Let's talk about this Camouflage background stamp set. It is HUGE and thus I used my Stamperatus. I stamped it onto Sahara Sand cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink and sponged Soft Suede all over it. I cut out the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of cardstock twice. Once for the front piece and once to die cut all of the details. 


Lastly, the name tags and rank. My husband is a Major and it's symbol is a copper maple leaf. So I used some foil paper with the Detailed Trio Punch and pieced those tiny pieces together. I used the Make a Difference stamp set for his name and military branch, in Early Espresso ink



Make a Difference Stamp Set

I hope you have enjoyed my take on the United States Air Force Uniform and that this Manly Monday can help you create something special too! 

Happy Stampin' Everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! It really makes my day and I love hearing from you! <3

Tuesday's Tip at Ten- Dirty Ink Pads

  Tuesday Tip at Ten: How to Clean the Outside of Your Ink Pads I was super embarrassed today when I pulled out my ink pads to record a vide...